Have you ever been in a scenario, where one of your friends or family were visiting and your house smelled like your baby has been dragging and rubbing its poop all over the place? I know the only thing that smells worse than a used baby diaper is a garbage bin full of them and once it is there, everything around the house is acknowledging the good poop your baby has taken. The wisest moms are the ones who’ve always planned the diaper disposal system beforehand. If you are one of those smart gals then you would be familiar with the Diaper Genie but that is not what I’m going to talk about. What I’m going to discuss in this blog today is the arrival of the new Diaper Genie Elite which comes along with a lot of new and exciting features. Even though the diaper days of my kid are soon going to be over but still I’m gonna go with the word exciting.
What does the New Diaper Genie Elite Offers
- To start with, it comes in three colors; Grey, Blue, and Pink. It might not be a big deal but the grey one goes with the furniture. I know! I’m one of those.
- It offers a bigger step paddle. Again, not a big deal but the next time you will not have to struggle with the paddle with a filled diaper in your one hand and the baby in the other. Actually, it is a big deal.
- There is a built-in carbon filter holder perfectly adjusted in the lid which eliminates the smell and helps the cause.
- The struggle of removing the garbage is far less because of the front opening of the bin.
- On the top portion of the diaper bin, there is a built-in cutter which results in less bending.
- The Diaper Genie Elite uses the same refill as the older version so you don’t have to worry about throwing them away. 1 refill comes along with the new package too.
- The price is very reasonable and affordable set to be at $35.97 Canadian dollars.
- The product can be ordered from Amazon.ca with the prime offer for the prime members
- You can always check out the reviews of other people that have used this amazing product at Amazon.ca. As of me, I’m definitely going with this life-saver.
At the moment, I’m a mom who works from home but I’ve been on the both sides of these scenarios so I thought I should share my experience.
My Experience as a Working Mom
Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, your instincts as a mother are the same. I always loved my job and being a working woman because it gave my day more focus and discipline. Also, being able to provide your family, financially, also feels reassuring and gives you a sense of freedom. It was all over a good experience for me as I’ve had been good at both sides: Work and home. The only things that influence you to change your mind are the daycare or babysitting cost and the feeling of not being there for you kids. Even if your kids are in the right hands, there’s always a sword hanging over your neck, which according to me is a natural thing that happens to every working mom while they are away from their kids. Even though I was doing well with both work and parenting but as all mothers out there can relate, there’s always this urge to be the best at later.
My Experience as a Stay at Home Mom
Once I left my job to be a stay at home mom, it was a little depressing in the beginning to get used to the new routine and being dependent on only one source of income but eventually I got over it with the support of my friends. Eventually, I learned that staying at home was a busier job; there was always something to do with the home or the kids. I think every parent can relate that the only free time that we get on our hands is when the kids are gone to school. I used this free time to get social with other parents. Even though it was a great feeling to always be there for the kids when they come home but I did have to manage my financial expenditure more wisely that meant no more useless shopping. My kids loved me being around all day and were persistent that we keep things this way. Once I got ahold of my life as a stay at home mom, I once again started thinking about the financial contribution to the family.
My Experience as a Work at Home Mom
Once I made up my mind that I’m going to make a little bit of money as a stay at home mom for more financial freedom of our family, I started taking online projects and even tried a part time job in the beginning during my kids’ school our which didn’t work out as expected. The only problem that you have to face a stay at home working mom is the balance between the work and family. Working at an office is completely different from working at home because you have a better focus at a workplace, and your professional and personal life is separate. On the other hand being able to work from home has its own perks. It saves me from paying all that extra money that I had to spend for babysitting and daycare, and now I always get to be around my kids which I love.